Love the look of line and watercolor wash art, and looking for a beginner-friendly course to help you start on the right foot? Do you enjoy sketching or painting birds, and are looking for a fun course to level up your skills?
This beginner-friendly course is perfect for artists who're just getting started with line and wash, as well as for intermediate artists who're looking to take their techniques with this combination of art mediums to a new level.
In this course, I take you through my 3-Phase process for creating line and wash artwork (pencil sketch-pen and ink-watercolor washes), and include extra classes with must-know information and exercises for greater success.
✱ What You'll Learn:
- My entire process for creating line and watercolor wash artwork
- How to use reference photos to inform your work while bringing yourself and your style into the piece
- How to sketch birds freehand with accurate proportions and shapes
- How to simplify feathers and sketch them using shapes, lines and marks
- Tips on creating well-balanced mixed-media artwork that isn’t overdone
✱ Supplies you'll need:
- Drawing pencil (I would recommend an HB or B)
- Drawing pen (I use a 0.3 tip size)
- Soft graphite eraser
- Kneaded eraser
- Watercolor paint set
- Watercolor paper (I use Cold Press- 140 lbs.)
- Watercolor paintbrushes (I use rounds in sizes 2, 10 and 14)
- Color mixing palette
- Water container(s)
- Absorbent towel or regular kitchen paper towels
- Masking tape or artist’s tape
- Backing board
Scrap pieces of watercolor paper
By the end of this course, you'll have created a vibrant line and watercolor wash Sun Conure Parrot piece. You'll also have a deep understanding of my 3-Phase process, as well as essential tips for success, which you can take to other line and watercolor wash projects you may choose to work on in the future.
Along with the class videos, you'll be able to find several downloadables which include:
- My outline sketch (which you can transfer onto your sheet of watercolor paper if you'd like to skip over the freehand sketching process) *I've included a class where I take you through how to use tracing paper to do your transferring and prepare your preliminary sketch.
- A photo of my finished piece, which you're free to use as reference as you're working
- The high-resolution reference photo I was loosely inspired by
Your supply checklist
Hope you enjoy and get a lot from this course. :)
When you buy this course, you'll get lifetime access to my full Line + Watercolor Wash Sun Conure Parrot course, which is made up of 8 value-packed classes in which I share my entire (unsped and fully-narrated) process for this Sun Conure piece. I show you, step-by-step, how to draw a bird freehand using pencil, how to define edges and add textures using pen and ink, and how to add vibrant watercolor washes. This course also includes extra classes in which I take you through exercises and share must-know information that will help you succeed with the final piece, as well as a bonus class on how to use tracing paper for transferring. Downloadables are included (my outline sketch, reference photo, a photo of my finished piece, and your supply list). If you have any questions, send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :)